Sunday, January 24, 2010

Some of my creations...


I dabble in cakes from time to time as well as cupcakes. This first one if of my sister's wedding cupcake tree. This was the first time I worked with fondant. We kept it simple and used a marshmallow fondant recipe.

This one is of my wedding cupcake tree. We had a destination wedding with an informal reception when we got back home. We decided that royal icing flowers would be best as they were casual and bright.

I made this cake for a baby shower. I wanted to make fondant animals, so this was a great opportunity to try that out. I must say that the ducks were an adventure. I was able to explore the limitations of marshmallow fondant. Next time, if I want larger figures, I will use crispy treats to form the structure and then drape them in fondant.

The Buzz cake was another fun experiment. I had to freehand the creation of the Buzz centerpiece.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 The Great Cupcake Experiment
Assisted by GX Media